As a volunteer, you are an important member of our team and can expect a rewarding and life-enriching experience with us.
We provide comprehensive orientation and training sessions plus any specialized training for specific jobs, such as valuable crisis line counselling skills and public education.
We also provide opportunities for skill development and social interaction with other volunteers. Our training will provide you with knowledge of SASS’ vision and mission, feminism, diversity and how our centre works. Finally, we thank you for wanting to help women in our community who are survivors of sexual violence.
Please note: all volunteers with Sexual Assault Support Services for Women of SDG&A are required to make a commitment of one year with SASS, maintain confidentiality and provide a police clearance certificate every 2 years. This is re-imbursable upon successful completion of training.
Here are the volunteer opportunities for you!
If you enjoy getting out to the public and meeting new people , our Public Education Volunteer opportunity may be a perfect fit for you;
- You can do presentations
- set up kiosks at schools, agencies, workplaces, community groups in an effort to increase awareness and prevent sexual violence.
- help out with workshops, handouts, brochures, pamphlets
Some of the topics you will cover will be;
- Dating Violence
- Personal Safety Skills
- Date or Acquaintance Rape
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Harassment
- Safety and Prevention
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Safety Tips for Parents
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information at 613 932-1755 ext 27
Board of Directors
Board of Directors provide leadership for Sexual Assault Supports Services for Women of SDG&A goals and governance as they are linked to SASS’S mission, strategic plan, programs and fundraising goals, policies , operations and finances.
The requirement are as follows;
- To attend all board meetings, held once a month for approximately 3 hours
- To advocate SASS’s mission and work in the community
- To attend community and networking events to represent the interest of SASS
- To connect with personal and business contacts for SASS fundraising events.
We are looking for women who know that it takes collective action for social change to happen. We are always looking for talented and committed Board Members, join us in the fight against sexual violence in women’s lives.
For more information, contact the Executive Director at 613 932-1755 ext 24
Are you a sensitive, non-judgemental, open minded, highly empathetic? Do you enjoy working creatively for a great cause? Sexual Assault Support Services for Women of SDG& A, offer several opportunities to volunteer at one of fundraising events. We are looking for both women and men who may be interested in ticket sales, registration, putting up flyers, serving meals, promotion, staging the events, actresses, creative directors, the options are endless, let us know what your skills and interest are.
For more information please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 613-932-1755 ext 27
The role of administration is to support and aid in general clerical duties for Sexual Assault Support Services for Women SDG&A. It is important for the healthy operation of our organization. As first contact for our clients, donors and visitors, the administration volunteer and the important role of representing SASS in a positive, welcoming and professional way to the public.
This Vital volunteer position supports the staff of Sexual assault support services for women SDG& A in our mission to end all forms of sexual violence against women.
If you have skills or are interested in;
- answering the phone and in person inquiries, and connecting them to the appropriate staff member
- sort and distribute mail, logging in clients
- assisting the fundraising team in with mail preparation of fundraising campaigns,
- assisting the Executive Director in preparing and planning the annual AGM, meeting and various events
- perform all other duties relating to the effective and efficient running of SASS’s Sexual Assault Centre.
We’d love to hear from you, call the Volunteer Coordinator today at 613 932-1755 ext 27